- Our Code of Practice
- About Vonage
- Customer Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Technical Problems
- Pricing and Billing
- Premium Rate and Number Translation Services
- Complaints and Dispute Resolution
- Your Privacy
- Social Responsibility
- Useful Contact Information
1. Our Code of Practice
We have put this Code together to provide you with up to date information about our products and services and to help you contact us if you have any technical or customer care questions or general enquiries. Your satisfaction with our service is of the utmost importance to us. All members of our staff are aware of the Code and will follow the Code at all times to make sure that any complaints or queries are dealt with as quickly and fairly as possible. This Code has been produced as part of our obligations as a Communications Provider under the Communications Act 2003 and has been approved by the UK communications regulator, Ofcom. We review the Code quarterly to ensure it is up to date and reflects any changes in our business.
To help any of our customers with special needs this Code and any of our literature is available in large print, Braille or audio format. If you need help with any of your special needs, please contact our customer services by telephone on 0207 993 9000 or https://support.vonage.co.uk/contactus. You can also write to us at Vonage Limited, 3rd Floor, The Bonhill Building, 15 Bonhill Street, London, EC2A 4DN.
2. About Vonage
Vonage Limited is a company registered in England with company number 05199171. Our registered office is located at c/o Taylor Wessing LLP, 5 New Street Square, London EC4A 3TW.
We are one of the UK's leading providers of Broadband Telephony. Our service works with any standard phone and is available to you when you travel to different locations both within the UK and abroad. The service is easy to set up - just plug in the power supply, plug in your phone, and connect our telephone adapter to your broadband line - your calls will be of the highest quality. The Phone Adapter we supply does the rest of the work automatically. You will be ready to make calls in minutes. Each Phone Adapter we supply is tested before it leaves our facilities and your phone number is already stored on your device prior to shipping. Unlike many other Voice-over-IP services, you do not need headphones or your computer - just use your standard touch-tone phone. You can use our Phone Adapter anywhere in the world where you have a high-speed Internet connection and you will not be paying international dialling rates when you call back home. The same is true when you travel to other dialling code regions in the UK.
Our services include:
- Access to Emergency Services. We provide access to emergency services to all customers located within England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. However, if you use Vonage outside England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland you will not be able to call emergency services in the country where you are located and Vonage will not be able to pass your emergency response address details to the emergency call centre you are attempting to call. When you dial either 999 or 112 within England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, your call is routed from the Vonage network to national emergency operators who will handle your call. Important Note - 999 / 112 Emergency Services and the Vonage Service DO NOT function during an electrical power or broadband provider outage, or if your Vonage account has been suspended or terminated. Please refer to the 999 / 112 Emergency Services sections of our Terms of Service at https://www.vonageforhome.co.uk/legal/terms-of-service/ regarding access to Emergency Services.
- Phone Adapter. We provide a Phone Adapter which converts your analogue phone signal to digital so that it can be sent over your broadband connection and into the Vonage network. Each adapter has been tested to work flawlessly with your Vonage service.
- Call Savings. You will benefit from savings on your calls, including outside the UK.
- Secure online billing information. Our Online Billing gives you complete control with instant, secure access to your billing information. You can access your account 24/7 to check your invoices, review your complete call history and change your credit card information. Because billing information is available real-time, you have the most accurate and up-to-date information at all times.
- Online Account Management. With Online Account Management, you are in complete control of your account. You can access your account 24/7 to check call activity, view and change your billing information, manage voicemail and edit your user information. Because of real-time availability, you have the most accurate and up-to-date information every time you login.
Our sales and customer service staff will be pleased to explain to you our products and services and the scope of our Terms of Service before you decide to take up our services.
The products and services we offer may be changed from time to time - please refer to our website at https://www.vonageforhome.co.uk for the latest details.
3. Customer Service
Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. The first place to find answers is in the Help section of our web site at https://support.vonage.co.uk/. If you still have questions, you can call us on 0207 993 9000 or email Vonage Customer Care at https://support.vonage.co.uk/contactus. Our people are highly trained and they are available from 8 a.m. to 12 midnight, 7 days a week. We can help you resolve any question or problem that you encounter.
4. Sales and Marketing
We market our products and services through a variety of channels including press advertising, Internet, targeted leafleting, telemarketing and agents. Where you indicate to us that you do not wish to be directly contacted we shall cease to have any further sales contact with you. In addition, we take steps to ensure that telephone numbers called are not listed on the Telephone Preference Service. You may register with the Telephone Preference Service at any time. Further details can be obtained from the Telephone Preference Service website at www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/.
5. Technical Problems
We aim to provide you with all the help you need to understand how to use the service and to help you with any technical problems you may experience. We aim to attend to any faults as soon as possible.
If you have any technical questions simply telephone us on 0207 993 9000 or contact us at https://support.vonage.co.uk/contactus.
6. Pricing and Billing
Up to date pricing information is available at https://support.vonage.co.uk/contactus and upon request by calling 0207 993 9000. Our billing terms may vary depending upon the products or services supplied but we make sure you are aware of our payment terms before you enter into a contract with us.
We provide itemised bills clearly showing the charges for using our service. If you have any billing queries or difficulties please call us at 0207 993 9000 or contact us at https://support.vonage.co.uk/contactus. In the case of non-payment or late payment we may impose a credit limit on your account and/or require a deposit as security for paying bills. We have the right to charge interest on any overdue amount. We may also suspend or terminate the service if you do not make any payment when due.
7. Premium Rate and Number Translation Services
Premium Rate Services
Premium rate numbers begin with 090, 0871/2/3 or 118.
Phone-paid Services Authority (PSA) is the regulatory body for all premium rate services. PSA regulates premium services through its Code of Practice. PSA's role is to prevent consumer harm by ensuring service providers are responsible for clear and accurate pricing information, honest advertising and service content and appropriate and targeted promotions.
PSA investigates complaints and has the power to fine companies and bar access to services if the PSA Code of Practice is breached. PSA can also bar any individual behind a company from running any other premium rate services under any company name on any telephone network for a defined period. PSA deals with lesser problems by issuing formal reprimands or ordering companies to obtain prior approval before launching a premium rate service.
PSA's complaint service is free to consumers and is fully independent.
PSA only deals with complaints about premium rate numbers:
- numbers beginning with 090 or 0871/2/3 or 0871/2/3
- directory enquiry services operating on numbers beginning with 118
- reverse-billed SMS operating on shortcodes (shortcodes are four or five digits long).
Making a complaint
You can make a complaint to PSA in a variety of ways. However, before doing so, you should visit PSA's on-line premium rate number checking facility for instant information about the number in question. This facility is available at: https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/making-an-enquiry/submit-an-online-enquiry
You can make a complaint to PSA in the following ways:
- If you have a hard copy of the promotion in question (i.e. a page from a newspaper or magazine), you should make your complaint in writing with a copy of the promotion to: PSA, 25th Floor, 40 Bank Street, E14 5NR
- By submitting an online enquiry to: https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/making-an-enquiry/submit-an-online-enquiry
- By calling the PSA on 0300 30 300 20 between 9.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
You can find our rates for calling premium rate numbers on our website at https://www.vonageforhome.co.uk/home/call-plans/rates/
Calling a premium rate number is more expensive than calls to other landline numbers. Premium rate numbers operate on a revenue share basis. The service that you access through dialing a premium rate number is paid for through your telephone bill. This means that a large part of the revenue generated from the call goes to the service provider responsible for offering the service. In effect the cost of the call is used to pay for the service being offered - the call is a payment mechanism for the service.
We are members of the Ombudsman Service Adjudication Scheme. If you have a complaint about a call to a premium rate number appearing on your phone bill that we cannot resolve, the Ombudsman Service can investigate the matter for you. Details of how you can contact the Ombudsman Service are in the chapter on Complaints and Dispute Resolution below. Additionally, if you make a complaint to PSA they can investigate the complaint and if the complaint is upheld order the premium rate service provider to pay you a refund. In circumstances where your telephone has been used without your permission to call a premium rate number PSA may also be able to order that the service provider pays compensation to you.
Number Translation Services
Number translation services (NTS) numbers begin with 05 or 08. You can find our rates for calling NTS numbers on our website at https://www.vonageforhome.co.uk/home/call-plans/rates/
Our rates for calls to NTS numbers vary by time of day and whether the call is made during weekdays or at weekends. There is no charge for calls to 0800 free phone numbers. Your monthly subscription package does not include calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers - these calls are charged separately.
8. Complaints and Dispute Resolution
We are committed to addressing any complaints as fairly as possible and within a reasonable time. For details of our complaints process and referring your complaint to the Ombudsman Service for independent consideration please see our Customer Complaints Code.
9. Your Privacy
We are committed to the privacy of our customers and those who access our website and to compliance with the Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998 to ensure that data collected by us is processed properly.
10. Social Responsibility
We take our social, health and safety, environmental and employee relations responsibilities very seriously. In addition, we are fully aware of our regulatory responsibilities as a communications provider and in particular requirements of regulatory bodies such as Ofcom.
11. Useful Contact Information
2a Southwark Bridge Road
Report a Complaint: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint
Web site: www.ofcom.org.uk
Tel: 0300 123 3333 or 020 7981 3040
The Ombudsman Service
Ombudsman Services: Communications
PO Box 730
Web site: https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/communications
Make a Complaint: https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/communications/complain-now
Tel: 0330 440 1614
Fax: 0330 440 1615
Textphone: 0330 440 1600
Telephone Preference Service (TPS)
70 Margaret Street
Phone-paid Services Authority (PSA)
40 Bank St
Online Enquiry: https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/making-an-enquiry/submit-an-online-enquiry
Tel: 0300 30 300 20